it's about life, my life, quilts, midwifery, and whatever else occurs to me.

22 February 2015

Back in the USA: Austin

I have taken another very long break from writing. Here's what happened since my last post in September last year:

1. My stepson got married on a boat in Hawaii.

2. We packed up our apartment in Brisbane and moved to a temporary rental in Austin, TX.

3. We bought a condo in Austin.

4. We moved into the condo, with our stuff that we packed up (see 2), on Boxing Day 2014, exactly one year to the day from when we were packing up our stuff to move into our rental apartment in Brisbane after selling the house there.

5. Phil started a new job.

6. My brother-in-law died at 71, way too young.

7. We bought a Vespa and took a course on motorcycle safety and management.

8. Phil had knee surgery.

9. I started to learn to knit.

So it's been an eventful almost 6 months.

Today I went to a quilt show at the Austin Convention Centre. I am always in awe of what other people can do with fabric. I took quite a few photos, of the quilts I liked, and they are still on my phone. Later. But my stitching room is set up, and now that most of the fixing-up needed here is done, it's time to get back to it!






No comments: